To give you further peace of mind throughout the building process our homes come with the option of a Master Build 10-Year Guarantee and the David Reid Homes Extended Cover. For this Guarantee and Extended Cover to be in place you need to complete the documentation with your builder.
The Master Build 10-Year Guarantee provides covers for:
- Loss of Deposit,
- Non completion of the build
- Defects in materials and workmanship for two years after building work is complete, and
- Defects in specific structural elements of the building work for a total of ten years from the acceptance of the guarantee.
The David Reid Homes Extended Cover is enhanced deposit and non-completion cover that provides additional protection over and above the Master Builders 10-Year Guarantee to make sure the initial deposit you pay to your David Reid Homes builder is protected and that when you start building a David Reid Homes house it will be completed per the building contract. Overall, it's our commitment to you and another way David Reid Homes is raising the standard.
Frequently Asked Questions
If I have any questions who do I contact?
In the first instance you should contact your builder to discuss your questions. If you need additional support or advice, then contact the David Reid Homes Group Office on 04 586 5739 or firstname.lastname@example.org
How do I apply for the Master Build Guarantee and David Reid Homes Extended Cover?
A Master Build 10-Year Guarantee and David Reid Homes Extended Cover are not provided automatically by engaging a David Reid Homes builder. Separate Agreements must be completed and accepted by the provider companies. For details of the cover and limitations that apply ask your David Reid Homes builder for the Master Build 10-Year Guarantee and David Reid Homes Extended Cover documentation.
What if the builder who starts my home is unable to complete it?
In the first instance you would make a claim on your Master Build 10-Year Guarantee. If the cover limits provided by the Master Build 10-Year Guarantee are not sufficient to complete your build in accordance with the signed contract, then you would make a claim on your David Reid Homes Extended Cover for the additional cost to complete the home per the building contract up to a maximum of $200,000.
Who provides cover for defects in materials, workmanship, and building structure?
The Building Act puts the obligation on your builder to provide cover for 10 years but only for specific items and only if the building company is still around.
If the building company is not around, then you would make a claim under your Master Build 10-Year Guarantee. The time limitations to make a claim under this guarantee are:
- For two years after your building work is complete the Materials and Workmanship cover protects you if there is a problem with the standard of the work carried out by your builder or with the materials used.
- For ten years after your application for a Master Build 10-Year Guarantee is accepted the Structural Defects cover protects you if the work carried out by your builder falls short and results in Structural Defects to your home. This includes problems with the weathertightness of your home (including rot and fungal decay).
The David Reid Homes Extended Cover provides no cover for defects in materials, workmanship, and building structure. The extended cover provided is only for claims arising from loss of deposit and non-completion of your build.
A summary of the cover provided is as follows: